Criminal Background Check
UpdatedMonday February 3, 2020 byTammy Cathcart.
All coaches and assistant coaches are required to complete a MANDATORY Criminal Record Check. Criminal Record Checks are good for 2 years. If you submitted a CRC in 2018, you are not required to submit again until 2020 season.
Deadline to submit your Criminal Record Check to volunteer for Boundary Babe Ruth is Friday April 10, 2020
If you are unsure if you need to complete a Criminal Record Check, please contact Kristina Squarebriggs
Criminal Record Checks
We are pleased to tell you that we have a NEW system for applying for your Criminal Record Check. Best of all, you can apply right from HOME, at NO CHARGE. No more having to worry about getting to the RCMP division during business hours with exact cash!
Procedure for requesting your online Criminal Record Check:
- Go to the BC Ministry of Justice website (https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/).
- Scroll down and enter Access code 5M6X2DZZFQ in the first blank box provided
- In the second blank box, enter the captcha code exactly as they provide it for you (capitals lowercase, and numbers, if applicable).
- Select Request a New Criminal Record Check.
NOTE: Your completed Criminal Record Check will be sent directly to Boundary Babe Ruth Baseball. If you prefer not to have it sent directly, you may choose to follow the manual process of applying in person and picking up your completed reference check at the RCMP division.
Manual process for obtaining a Volunteer Criminal Record Check :
- Get a blank copy from the RCMP detachment, Grand Forks, at least 2-3 weeks prior to April 10 deadline
- Prospective volunteer must submit their application and payment in person to the Grand Forks RCMP detachment (spouse may not submit your application on your behalf)
- Bring one piece of government-issued photo ID and one piece of ID verifying your name and date of birth
- CASH ONLY - RCMP Business hours: Mon - Fri, between 9AM - 4PM - you may take the application home to fill out, then return later, in person, but 2-3 weeks' prior to the deadline. Provide receipt for reimbursement.
- On occasion, a prospective volunteer may have a similar identity as someone in the Criminal database - in order to confirm that your identity is different, you may be required to have fingerprints taken
- If fingerprints are needed to determine your identity, the $25 fee is automatically waived
- Criminal Record Checks are private documents, and therefore will only be released to the applicant - RCMP will not send a copy to Boundary Babe Ruth on your behalf
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for your background check to be returned to you from the RCMP.
Completed Criminal Record Checks must be submitted to Kristina Squarebriggs by April 10 2020.
As per BC Babe Ruth rules, volunteers requiring a CRC who do not submit their completed Criminal Record Check by the deadline will be disqualified from volunteering.
NEW VOLUNTEERS who inquire after April 6th about volunteering, please email Tammy Cathcart for instructions.